Orange County

랄프 안선생님과 함께한 OC 흥사단 2019년 9월 월례회

이 동영상은 랄프 안선생님을 모시고 진행한 OC 흥사단 2019년 9월 월례회 하일라이트 영상입니다.

(2019년 9월 26일, 목)

LA 북쪽에 사시면서 퇴근시간에 교통체증을 마다하고 사모님을 대동하고, 

직접 운전하면서 월례회를 빛내주셔서 표현할 수없을 정도로 감사했습니다.

아래 영문은 랄프 안선생님서 후배들에게 남기는 말씀입니다.

원본 워드파일은 첨부합니다.

[이창수 OC흥사단 지부장]

HSD, 2                              

I want to thank my friend James Lee for inviting me to talk to all of you  this evening,

Don’t know if he invited me because I am the son of Dosan….or because I’m the oldest guy he knows.

Because of my age…I’d like to discuss the following.

!00 years ago…our ancestors declared  to the world that Korea be Independent.

100 years ago…our ancestors formed the Korean Provisional Government.

These events were a cornerstone for today’s Republic of Korea, a democratic Independent Nation,

100 years ago , the Hung Sa Dan contributed to this moment of history.

100 years ago, the call came to form the Provisional Government,

It was Hung Sa Dan people, with their membership in the Korean National Association, that donated and went throughout California to raise funds for the Provisional Government.

Though they were strangers  in this new land of the United States……

Though  they were learning the customs and language of the New World…

Though they were mostly domestic servants or migrant farm workers…

Though their incomes were meager and seasonal…

They were able to donate funds to start the Provisional Government.

There were numerous Hung Sa Dan heroes…this evening I’d like to talk about one,

Yoon Jin Ho was his name,

He was a proud member of the Hung Sa Dan and a long time friend of Dosan,

He was an advocate of physical fitness.

Because of his physical adeptness, he was a highly productive migrant farm worker especially during the harvest season.

With his modest living style and productive earnings, he  contributed thousands, to the start up fund of the Provisional Government.

Dosan took the funds to Shanghai, and opened the first office and immediately  started a Newspaper that was circulated throughout Asia and the  US.

It was essential that the world knew of the Provisional Government and its’ representation of Korean Independence .

But financing the Government was always a challenge.

The Hung Sa Dan purchased  the first government bonds. And about thirty years ago. The Republic of Korea sent the redemption funds to the LA  Hung Sa Dan .

During the Worldwide depression of the 1930’s the survival of the Government came into question.

Other Korean exile communities were hit hard and limited or ceased contributions to the Government.

The Japanese Armies had overrun the Chinese Nationalist troops forcing the Provisional Government to escape from Shanghai and seek havens in other  places.

The Korean National Association became the main source of funding for the government until the end of World War II.

And the core of the Korean National Association was made up of Hung Sa Dan members.

Hung Sa Dan members who graduated from laborers to small business owners, were able to sustain their contributions to the cause of Korean Independence.

We feel ……. to remember the Hung Sa Dan pioneers of 100 years ago   serves us well.

0 Comments